The Hampta Pass Trek is a popular hiking route located in the beautiful state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. This trek is known for its breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, and pristine rivers. The trek usually takes 5-6 days to complete and covers a distance of approximately 35 km. The starting point of the trek is the village of Jobra and it takes you through the picturesque valleys of Hampta, Chandra and Lahaul. The highlight of the trek is crossing the Hampta Pass, which stands at an altitude of 14,100 feet.
Hamta Pass is a corridor in the Himalayas, between the Chandra Valley in Lahaul and the Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. The pass is named after Hamta Village, below Sethan Village. Hampta Pass trek is giving each adventure lover an option to discover the unique landscape on the Manali side in Himachal Pradesh. From the top, you will witness the magnificent view of a different world below, the beautiful yet deserted Lahaul. The panoramic sweep of the valley from the summit will be a sight that will not leave you forever.
Trakkers travels from the Kullu Valley through Hamta Pass into the region of Lahaul. The trek is full of glaciers and fast-flowing rivers, making it challenging but good for adventurous lovers. Some trekkers only trek to Chandrataal Lake. Manali is the nearest city to Hampta Pass. Most of the programs include transports from Manali to Jobri, from where the trek begins.
The starting point of the Hampta Pass is Manali. From Manali, you will be taken to Jobra (Starting Point of the Hampta trek) and then to Chika located at a height of about 10,100 feet. The route will have plenty of greenery, River Rani, and mountainous stretches on one side. When you climb up to reach Balu ka Ghera from Chika, On this impressive journey catch the first glimpses of the mighty towers in Dhauladhar Ranges occupy the entire frame with meadows and flower-filled valleys. What awaits you next are the gradual slopes until you reach the mighty Hampta Pass and on the way, Hampta Village will be your host for some time. Discover the serene calmness that surrounds the valley.
The ultimate destination of the trek is the beautiful Chandratal located amidst the pristine surroundings dominated by the white peaks and clouds above. A confluence of three paths – Hampta Pass, Spiti, and Rohtang Pass and the green paradise will accompany you to achieve a height of about 14,010ft.
The whole experience will be beautifully driven by our experienced and well-trained guides along with the porters and kitchen staff. The team will also help you by allotting your dome tents for each night to keep you hassle-free so that you can just enjoy the beauty of the places without getting into any operational stuff.
Hampta Pass trek is one that can be done any time regardless of the season. Still the most suitable to enjoy each moment of the trek are the months from June to September. The best time to go trek Hampta Pass is June and July. For that who is more of a green lover, the best time to visit hampta pass for lush landscapes is in the month of mid-July up till October. The weather at the Hamta trek is lovely at this time of year, with only new snow on the ground.
This trek takes you through stunning landscapes, including lush green meadows, snow-capped mountains, gushing rivers, and beautiful valleys. Here are some attractions that you will come across while trekking on the Hampta Pass Trek:
Here are some activities that you can do during the trek:
Hampta Pass Trek is a popular trekking destination located in the Himachal Pradesh region of India. Here's how you can reach Hampta Pass Trek:
Most trekkers choose to camp during the Hampta Pass Trek as it offers a unique and immersive experience. There are several campsites along the trail, where trekkers can pitch their tents and spend the night. Some of the popular campsites include Chikka, Balu ka Ghera, and Siagoru. Camping gear can be rented from local vendors or brought along by the trekkers themselves.
Trekkers can opt for different meal plans depending on their preferences. Most campsites offer vegetarian meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Trekkers can also carry their own food supplies and cooking equipment to prepare their meals. There are also some small tea shops and dhabas (roadside eateries) along the trail that offer basic meals and snacks.
• Drive Manali to Jabra.
• Trek will Start form Jabra to Chika
• After a wholesome breakfast at Manali, you will drive to Jobra from where the trek originates. At this transfer point, receive a briefing from your trip leader and gear for an easy ascent of 10,400ft to Chika.
• It's an easy trek to the Chika campsite on the banks of Rani Nallah, a 2 km trek that walks you into a mixed forest of pine, green maple, and birch trees • With the mesmerizing topography of the Himachal coming into play, you barely realize the climb. While trekking, walk along River Rani which introduces the surroundings of big rocky hills in absolute splendor.
• Stay in dome tents.
Trek Difficulty : Moderate, Time : 5 hrs
• Leave from Chika campsite on yet another easy day. Though you would trek for barely 5hrs, the journey is beyond impressive.
• Feel the reality of being in the Himalayan region as you catch the first glimpse of the outer Himalayan chain of mountains as the Dhauladhar ranges begin to appear.
• Commonly referred to as The White Range, you’ll notice the mighty towers occupy the entire frame with meadows and flower-filled valleys dotted for company.
• Arrive at Balu ka Ghera. Settle down at this base for the day. Have lunch and spend the rest of the time, losing yourself in an ambiance that will take your breath away.
Trek Difficulty : Moderate, Time : 8 hrs
• Day 3 is one where you get to experience the barren landscape of the Himalayas in the Lahul and Spiti Valleys. Such a variety in one region is what makes the Hampta Pass Trekking most attractive especially among amateurs.
• Start your day with a steep ascend to the Pass. Enjoy a beautiful panoramic view from the top and then start descending towards the next campsite.
• Discover the serene calmness that surrounds the valley, you might meet shepherds at this high-altitude pass who visit the valley to nourish their sheep with the special grass that grows around the area.
• After a brief stopover at Hampta village, which gives the pass its name, you’ll begin the descent to the base camp at Siagoru.
• Earn the well-deserved rest here after the 8hr long journey as you halt for the night.
Trek Difficulty : Easy, Time : 4 hrs
• Massive Pir Panjal Ranges, Chandra Tal
• This day will prove to be a fairly simple expedition around the Himalayas. After breakfast, begin an easy descent through the Hampta Valley.
• Find the group of Pir Panjal ranges of the inner Himalayan circle that appear ahead of you. This dominating landscape trails along with you all through Spiti till you arrive at the base camp at Chatru.
• Enjoy the spectacular view of a high-altitude cold desert at Spiti Valley.
• Post your brief interaction with yet another natural beauty of the Himalayas, and head to Chatru. A confluence of three paths – Hampta Pass, Spiti, and Rohtang Pass, this green paradise in the barren cold desert is like a breath of fresh air.
• You’ll drive to Chandratal, a moon-shaped alpine lake located at an altitude of 14,100 ft. One of the most enchanting lakes in this region, it is here that you’ll fall head over heels in love with the Himalayas.
• Find yourself becoming one with nature as the lake’s placid waters throw open a vista of reflections of the enveloping Himalayan peaks.
• It is the day when your Hampta pass trekking adventure comes to an end.
• After breakfast, traverse the high-altitude pass that connects the humid Kullu Valley and the arid Lahaul and Spiti Valley.
• Arrive at Manali and disperse for your homeward journey with a bag full of memories.
Join more then 20 Thousands Travellers & 2000+ Businesses from India.