Dodital Lake Trek is a popular trekking destination in Barahat Range of Uttarakhand, India. The trek is named after the beautiful Dodital Lake, which is located at an altitude of 3,024 meters above sea level. The trek starts from a small village called Sangam Chatti and passes through dense forests, meadows, and high-altitude campsites before reaching the lake. The trail offers breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, lush green valleys, and cascading waterfalls.
The Himalayas have always been a magnet for adventurers and nature enthusiasts, offering breathtaking landscapes, serene lakes, and a deep sense of connection with the natural world. Among the many jewels nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas, the Dodital Trek stands out as a hidden gem, waiting to be explored by those seeking an unforgettable journey. This trek leads you through pristine forests, charming hamlets, and culminates at the serene Dodital Lake, which is said to be the birthplace of Lord Ganesha.
The trek starts from the small town of Sangam Chatti, which is around 200 km from the state capital Dehradun.At Sangam Chatti, trekkers get their first taste of the region's natural beauty, with clear streams and dense forests providing a serene backdrop. From Sangam Chatti, the trail follows the course of the Assi Ganga River through dense forests of oak, rhododendron, and deodar. The trek is moderately difficult, with steep ascents and descents along the way, but the views of the surrounding Himalayan peaks more than makeup for the effort.
After a few hours of trekking, you reach the quaint village of Agoda, which is home to a small temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha . The real adventure kicks off as you start trekking to Agoda. The trek from Agoda to Bebra is a challenging yet fulfilling one. It takes you through thick rhododendron and oak forests, and the open meadows offer spectacular views of the Dodital Lake. As you climb higher, you can see the snow-capped peaks of Bandarpunch, Kala Nag, and Gangotri, towering over the surrounding landscape. Camp at Bebra and experience the beauty of nature at its finest.
After a day's trek, you reach the enchanting Dodital Lake, which is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Ganesha according to Hindu mythology. The lake is surrounded by dense forests of oak and rhododendron, and the water is crystal clear, reflecting the surrounding peaks.The highlight of the Dodital Trek is undoubtedly the Dodital Lake. It's a moderate trek to this breathtaking location, allowing trekkers to immerse themselves in the pristine wilderness. Surrounded by the Dhauladhar range, the lake is an ideal spot to relax, meditate, and soak in the serenity of the Himalayas.
The next day, your journey takes you to Darwa Pass, which involves steep ascents and a remarkable altitude gain to 4150 meters. The views from this point are absolutely spellbinding, offering panoramic vistas of the surrounding Himalayan peaks. It's an achievement worth every step.
The Dodital Lake Trek is a must-do for anyone who loves nature, adventure, and the mountains. The trek is not only physically challenging but also spiritually fulfilling, as you immerse yourself in the beauty of the Himalayas and its natural wonders. So pack your bags, put on your hiking shoes, and embark on this unforgettable journey through the untouched beauty of the Himalayas.
Location : Garhwal Himalayan Range, Uttarkashi District, Uttarakhand, India.
Trek Distance : 54 Km (round)
Trek Difficulty : Easy
Max Trek Altitude : 4150 meter (Darwa Pass)
Dodital Altitude : 3,024 meters
Nearest Airport : Jolly Grant, Dehradun
Nearest Railway Station : Dehradun
|Location||Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India|
|Duration||6 Days & 5 Nights (Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi)|
|Maximum Altitude||4150 meters (Darwa Pass)|
|Trek Length||54 Kms|
|Starting & End Point||Sangam Chatti|
|Best Time to Trek||Summer Month : April to June |
Autumn Months : September to November
Winter Months : December to Febuary
|Group Size||A group of Min 10 Person to Max 30 Person and more.|
|Trek Fees||8,499 Per Person/-|
|Including Items||Transport (Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi), Accommodation (Sangam Chatti and Treksite), Meals (breakfast and Dinner), A Guide.|
|Major Highlights||Beautiful landscapes, Dodital Lake, Darwa Pass, scenic meadows|
- Arrive at Uttarkashi and Meet out Travel Partner. Get any last-minute supplies or gear if needed in Uttarkashi. it is Last big market in the trek.
- Drive from Uttarkashi to Sangam Chatti (approximately 15 km). It is the base camp for the Dodital Trek.
- Check in Hotel, Today we Acclimatize to the altitude and explore the local market.
- Stay overnight in a hotel or guesthouse.
- After breakfast, Start the trek to Agoda village (6 km, 3-4 hours). Begin your trek to Agoda, a hike through lush forests and alongside the Asi Ganga River. rest here some time.
- Trek from Agoda to Bebra (8 km, 5-6 hours). The trail takes you through dense forests and open meadows. The trek offers stunning views of the Dodital Lake.
- The trail passes through beautiful forests and offers scenic views.
- Camp overnight at Bebra.
- Trek from Bebra to Dodital (5 km, 3-4 hours).
- The trail is moderately challenging, and you'll pass through rhododendron and oak forests. On reaching Dodital, you'll be greeted by the pristine lake surrounded by the stunning Dhauladhar range.
- Reach Dodital, a serene high-altitude lake surrounded by lush meadows.
- Camp by the lake and enjoy the serene surroundings. Camp overnight at Dodital.
- Hike to Darwa Pass (4150 m) for breathtaking panoramic views (8-9 km round trip, 6-7 hours).
- Start early for the challenging trek to Darwa Pass. The trek involves steep ascents and you'll reach a height of 4150 meters.
- Once at the pass, you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding Himalayan peaks.
- Return to Dodital for an overnight stay.
- Trek back to Agoda Village (13 km, 6-7 hours).
- Camp or stay in a guesthouse at Agoda.
- Trek back to Sangam Chatti (6 km, 3-4 hours).
- Drive back to Uttarkashi.
- Rest and relax in Uttarkashi.
Join more then 20 Thousands Travellers & 2000+ Businesses from India.