Nestled in the heart of the Indian state of Uttarakhand, the Gulabi Kantha trek is a hidden gem that promises a unique blend of adventure and natural beauty. Located in the Uttarkashi district, this trek offers a stunning journey through alpine meadows, dense forests, and pristine landscapes, making it a must-do for trekkers and nature enthusiasts.
Gulabi Kantha Trek is a popular trekking route located in Uttarakhand, India. This trek takes you through the breathtaking and picturesque landscapes of the region and provides an opportunity to explore the natural beauty and serenity of the region. The Gulabi Kantha trek is a moderate-level trek that can be undertaken by both novice and experienced trekkers . The trail begins in the village of Hanuman Chatti, which serves as the base camp for the trek and a small village located in the Yamunotri Valley. From here, you embark on a journey through a dense forest of deodar and oak trees, and gradually ascend towards the meadows, also known as "Gulabi Kantha", which translates to "Pink Throat".
The trek to Gulabi Kantha starts from Hanuman Chatti, which is well connected by road from Dehradun, Haridwar, and Rishikesh. From here, one can start the trek through a dense forest of oak, rhododendron, and deodar trees. The trail passes through several small water streams, which are surrounded by lush green vegetation. The trek is an easy one, with gradual ascent and descent and takes around 6 hours to complete.
The highlight of the trek is the Gulabi Kantha peak, which offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains, including the snow-capped peaks of the Bandarpunch range. The summit of Gulabi Kantha is surrounded by lush green meadows and provides a serene and peaceful environment, perfect for a picnic or a camping experience. The trek ends at Hanuman Chatti, from where one can return to the city.
Gulabi Kantha Trek is perfect for nature lovers, photographers, and adventure enthusiasts who want to escape the city and experience the peace and tranquility of the mountains. This trek also provides an opportunity to learn about the local culture, traditions, and lifestyle of the people living in the region.
Location : Yamunptri Valley, Uttarkashi District, Uttarakhand, India
Max Altitude : 12,000 feet (3,657 meters)
Trek Length : around 30 Kilometers
Trek Difficulty : Moderate
Temprature at Trek : At Night -2°C To 8°C and at Day 8°C To 14°C
Nearest Airport : Jolly Grant, Dehradun
Nearest Railway Station : Dehradun
The best time to undertake the Gulabi Kantha trek is during the spring and summer months, from April to June, when the rhododendron blooms are at their peak, and the weather is relatively mild. The post-monsoon season, from September to November, is also a favorable time to visit.
|5 Days and 4 Nights (Dehradun to Dehradun)
|12,000 feet (3,657 meters)
|Trek Start & End Point
|Easy to Moderate
|Best Time to trek
|Visit during the rhododendron bloom (late April to early May) or in September to October for pleasant weather.
|Trek Group Size
|A min of 10 person to Max 30 & More.
|8,999/- Per Person
|Transport (Dehradun to Dehradun), Accommodation (Hanuman Chatti and Trek Site), Meals (Breakfast and Dinner), A Guide.
- Start your journey by arriving in Dehradun, the capital of Uttarakhand.
- From Dehradun, drive to Hanuman Chatti, the base camp for the Gulabi Kantha Trek. The drive typically takes about 6-7 hours, depending on road conditions.
- Upon reaching Hanuman Chatti, check into a local guesthouse or camping site.
- Spend the evening acclimatizing to the altitude and enjoying the serene surroundings.
- Have a hearty dinner and rest well for the trek ahead.
- Wake up early and have a filling breakfast to kick start your trek.
- The trek from Hanuman Chatti to Seema Thatch is approximately 6-7 kilometers and takes around 4-5 hours.
- You'll pass through dense forests, alongside gushing streams, and cross wooden bridges, all while enjoying stunning views of the Swargarohini Range.
- Arrive in Seema Thatch elevation of around 10,500 feet (3,200 meters), a picturesque campsite, and set up your camp.
- The evening is free to explore the beautiful surroundings and interact with the locals.
- Dinner will be served at the campsite, and you'll spend the night under the starry Himalayan sky.
- After breakfast, embark on the journey to the mesmerizing Gulabi Kantha meadow.
- The trek from Seema Thatch to Gulabi Kantha is around 5-6 kilometers and takes about 4-5 hours.
- As you ascend, you'll witness the incredible rhododendron forest, which comes alive with vibrant pink blooms during the spring season.
- Reach the picturesque Gulabi Kantha meadow approximately 12,000 feet (3,657 meters), surrounded by lush greenery and framed by towering peaks.
- Set up camp, and take some time to savor the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings.
- Enjoy a hot meal in the evening, and rest in the heart of the Himalayas.
- Wake up early to witness a stunning sunrise over the Swargarohini Range.
- After breakfast, begin your trek to the Gulabi Kantha Top, which is around 2-3 kilometers from the meadow.
- The panoramic views from the top are simply spectacular, offering a 360-degree vista of the Himalayan peaks and the surrounding landscapes.
- Spend some quality time at the top, taking photographs and soaking in the tranquility of the high-altitude meadow.
- Later, start your descent back to Seema Thatch.
- Have dinner and camp for the night in Seema Thatch.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast and begin your trek back to Hanuman Chatti.
- It will take approximately 4-5 hours to reach Hanuman Chatti from Seema Thatch.
- Once you reach Hanuman Chatti, take a well-deserved rest and savor a delicious meal.
- Bid farewell to this enchanting region and start the drive back to Dehradun.
- Reach Dehradun by evening, concluding your unforgettable Gulabi Kantha Trek adventure.
Join more then 20 Thousands Travellers & 2000+ Businesses from India.