Kagbhusandi Lake Trek is a beautiful and challenging trek located in the Uttarakhand region of India. The trek takes you through dense forests, meadows, and rocky terrain, offering breathtaking views of the snow-capped Himalayas along the way. The highlight of the trek is the pristine Kagbhusandi Lake, which is nestled amidst towering mountains and is surrounded by alpine flowers and trees. The lake is known for its crystal-clear water and is considered sacred by the locals. The trek is of moderate difficulty and requires a good level of physical fitness.
Kagbhusandi Lake is a stunning high-altitude lake located near the town of Joshimath in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Situated at an altitude of 5,230 meters above sea level, this glacial lake is a popular trekking destination and draws adventure enthusiasts from around the world.
The lake is nestled amidst the breathtaking peaks of the Himalayas and is surrounded by lush green forests and meadows. It is said to be one of the most beautiful and serene lakes in the region, owing to its crystal-clear waters that reflect the surrounding mountains and clear blue sky.
The Kagbhusandi Lake is cocooned in the Garhwal Himalayas in the Joshimath range, Uttarakhand state. The Kagbhusandi Lake is a small emerald green lake situated at an altitude of 5,230 meters near Kankul Pass (5,230 m) almost a km in length. It is a paradise for nature lovers as they can admire the beauty of the sublime Neelkanth, Chaukhamba, Thailya Sagar, Brigupanth, and Nar-Narayan Peaks during the trek. Amidst the snow-covered ranges of Kunkul Pass, lies a mesmerizing trail that leads to the Kagbhusandi Tal. This trek Counted as one of the most adventurous treks around Chamoli Uttarakhand, Kagbhusandi leaves you with the ultimate satisfaction of existence.
The pristine Kagbhusandi Tal is nestled in the lap of Hathi Mountain at 6,730 meters above sea level. This trek takes you through a breathtaking route a deep and dense forest of walnuts, wildflowers full of fragrance, dry waterfalls, long rock beds, and outstanding views. Each step you take forward brings a feeling of joy and happiness of being in nature's lap. In this five days long trek a bunch of groceries and your camp essentials is all you will have throughout the journey. While in the search of water, camp beside a source to quench your thirst.
The best time to do the Kagbhusandi Lake Trek in Uttarakhand is from May to June and from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant and the trail is at its best for trekking. The monsoon season, which lasts from July to August, is not recommended for trekking as the trail can be slippery and the risk of landslides is high.
Here are some reasons why you should plan a Kagbhusandi Lake Trek:
The trek offers stunning views of the Himalayan ranges, lush green meadows, snow-covered peaks, and the serene Kagbhusandi Lake. The trail passes through dense forests of oak, deodar, and rhododendron trees, which add to the scenic beauty of the trek.
Adventure and Challenge:
The trek is challenging and requires physical fitness, stamina, and endurance. It involves steep ascents and descents, crossing streams, and negotiating rocky terrains. For adventure enthusiasts, this trek is a perfect opportunity to test their skills and push their limits.
Kagbhusandi Lake is a hidden gem of Uttarakhand, and the trek takes you to a secluded and pristine location. The lake is situated at an altitude of 5,230 feet and is surrounded by rocky cliffs, making it a unique and serene location to explore.
The trek passes through several remote villages, giving trekkers a chance to interact with the locals and learn about their culture and way of life. The people of the region are warm and hospitable, and their hospitality adds to the overall trekking experience.
The trek also offers a chance to connect with spirituality and nature. The route passes through several temples and shrines, including the Nanda Devi Temple, where you can offer prayers and seek blessings.
|Duration||7 days & 6 Nights from Rishikesh to Rishikesh (Kindly allocate an extra day in your schedule to account for acclimatization and potential weather conditions.)|
|Trek Start and End Point||Joshimath town|
|Trek Type||Trails, steep at points, forest, snow|
|Temperature at Kagbhusandi Lake||Day (13°C to 17° C) Night (9°C to 12°C)|
|Altitude of Kagbhusandi Lake:||5230 Meter|
|Trek Weather||In the winter season, Kagbhusandi Lake transforms into a breathtaking sight as the majestic summits and peaks wear a blanket of glistening snow, painting a captivating landscape. As summer emerges, the temperatures gradually ascend, gently ushering in warmer weather to the region. The climate around Kagbhusandi Lake adheres to its usual predictable patterns, offering a sense of reliability. Yet, occasionally, nature's whimsical touch surprises the area with unexpected rain showers, adding a delightful element of spontaneity to the otherwise consistent climate.|
|Best Time:||The pre and post-monsoon season, which takes place from May to mid-June and mid-July to October.|
|Trek Level:||Moderate to Difficult|
|Trek distance:||55 kilometers|
|Trek Group Size:||A minimum group size of 10 people and a maximum of 30 & More people.|
|Trek Fee||Rs. 16,499/Per Person-|
|Items included||Vehicle (Rishikesh to Rishikesh), Accommodation (Joshimath & Trek Route), Food (Basic Breakfast & Dinner), A Trek Guide|
• Meet our Travel partner in Rishikesh at a fixed point decided by us at 6:00 AM.
• Start your Journey as soon as possible, and Enjoy Driving toward the Himalayan Mountains. it takes 6-7 hours to drive from Rishikesh to Joshimath.
• Arrive in Joshimath bt evening. You have the choice of an overnight stay in tents/A local Guest house/homestay.
• Get Up Early Morning, You will see in front of you the beautiful sunrise and Hathi Pravat.
• Visit The Joshimath or Jyotirmath, well known for Narsingha mandir, Adi guru Shankaracharya Gufa (cave).
A• fter 9.30 AM you will have to bag pack and start the journey towards your destination Vishnuprayag (12km drive from Joshimath). You can have here tea with some snacks and then the journey will start towards Painka Village, a distance of the trek from Vishnu-Prayag to Painka gaon will be around 3 km (Altitude 1900 m from the sea level).
• After having a hot tea or coffee we will move forward to our trek with the sound of Little beautiful birds, in the trek you will go through a walnut forest.
• With the beautiful sightseeing, you will reach your first destination/campsite named Souldhar after an 8 km trek.
• In the evening you can enjoy hot maggie and coffee with the awesome view of Joshimath from Souldhar.
• Start your day early with warm-up exercises followed by a wholesome breakfast.
• Today, you’ll trek for 8km to scale heights up to 3,500m. An interesting and magnificent trail takes you through dense mountain forests filled with rhododendrons, spruce, and silver birch before reaching a prominent ridge.
• After 5km from souldhar you will have a cup of hot tea and some snacks at Vinayakdhar another top on this trek where you will obviously have an awesome sightseeing experience.
• After 3km trek on the continuous route you will reach to next campsite named Jehrikhark. Where you will be signing off for day 3 and before this you will have an awesome dinner.
• Now trek is on the toughest way of the entire trek. You have to prepare mentally and physically for this 2km trek with an altitude of (37,00 to 42,00 m) from sea level.
• You have to cross lots of waterfalls and the toughest trek, you have to follow the guidelines of the guide in this way. Awesome sightseeing from this entire trek you will experience. This 2km trek will take you to cross the way around 6 to 7 hours, so you have to prepare before your backpack.
• After completing this tough task you will have an awesome dinner at 4200m from sea level and deep sleep.
• Time for some adventure and meditation near Kagbhusandi Lake, Early morning the trek will start with cool wind and a hot breakfast.
• Trek will move to Kagbhusandi Lake (5 km with an altitude of 46,00 m from sea level).
• In this trek of 5km, you will see the different types of species of flowers like Brahma Kamal, Neil Kamal, and Fain Kamal, This type of flower species is found on the upper northern part of Himalayas at min 4,000 m from sea level.
• You will fall in love with the beauty of nature on this trek after reaching kagbhusandi lake you can do some meditation (yoga) aura of this place is totally different from the other places.
• After noon we will move to Rajkhark with a 5 km trek which is the return of the journey and our next campsite with the fresh air of the Himalayas.
• After reaching to RajKhark we will have a hot cup of tea and maggie which is all time favorite of mount climbers and trekkers. After awesome sightseeing, you will have dinner and head back to bed.
• Now on day 6 of the trek completion, it’s time to move back to Joshimath, Now with fresh air and an awesome breakfast we will move to Joshimath through Pulna where we will have the joy of walnut in the forest and enjoy the beauty of nature and will move to Joshimath via transport.
• The trip ends here Leave Joshimath early for your return journey home from Rishikesh.
• This will be the last leg of this trip and Take along a large pile of unforgettable memories in this Kagbhusandi Lake (tal) Trek.
Join more then 20 Thousands Travellers & 2000+ Businesses from India.